Saturday, May 22, 2010

Brief update, introducing new Sims and a divorce in town


We left with Susie Pierce being happy after the birth of her daughter Patsy. She's celebrating by practicing guitar, which she loves.

Two of our new residents of Sunset Valley.  Anya Francois by mmmcheezy225 and Star Matlock by kjanie08.  I sent Anya to get a job in the police department and Star a job in journalism.

The rest of the new residents are here.  MJ Rose and Rick Shawn by MJ_Rose. Evan McPherson by kjanie08.

I decided to send Anya over to chat to the other new comers. While she was on her way, and I was watching this house and the Sims just standing around, Rick started dating and then got himself...

a boyfriend. I have set up my story progression to allow same gender couples but didn't expect one to pop up like this. I did have Rick's boyfriend get himself engaged to another guy but at the moment, he is more attracted to guys then girls. Anya has started trying to convince him that girls are worth dating too but they don't know each other that well and it wasn't a great success.

Newly divorced couple, Christian and Pauline.  Yes, Christian finally realised that he was married to the town Bike and a divorce soon followed.  They are actually still great friends though.

We gave Pauline the boot.  Christian doesn't need her parading her conquests in front of the two boys.

So Christian is now a single dad with two sons to care for.  He's teaching Trent to walk.  The boys should be quite handsome when grown, their daddy certainly is and Pauline is pretty cute as well.

Evan should win a prize for Sim intelligence.  He's getting better acquainted with his boss Marquis Pierce.  Since being friends with your boss makes getting promotions easier, this is a great idea and he did it all on his own.


Authors note: read this blog and want one of your sims in it?  Leave a comment on the post about the Sim you want added.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't currently install Sims with store content but I can install a Sim with base game/World Adventures/High-end loft content.

9 comments:

  1. Great update. I'm glad you are bringing us up to date because it so easy to forget who did what when you haven't seen them in awhile.

    I am so glad Christian realised just what Pauline is like. he will probably be much happier with just his boys until he finds someone new.

    Hello to all the newcomers. Welcome to SV simland.

    Can't wait to see who gets with who.

    Smart guy Evan.

    Wow, Rick. You just jumped right in there didn't you. Didn't waste any time.

    You can use any of my sims you want to but then you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's kind of the disadvantage of running several blogs. It's easy to forget who's who and what they were up to.

    I was glad that Christian finally found out about Pauline and divorced her. I'm sure he'll still do well with his boys.

    :) I do have plenty of your Sims in this town the list And if one of your Sims, one of Chrysame's Sims or one of mine decides to be gay, I won't worry about it. I am slightly worried about Rick since I didn't warn MJ he was sim-napped into free will and anything can happen then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you do have a lot of them in here.
    Yeah, you already know that I'm not the least bit concerned about what happens to them. I do understand your concern.
    Maybe MJ will pop in and let you know something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention in the update. Macy and Benjamin are expecting baby 3. The first two are my fault (well, I remember setting them up for baby 2, I think I did baby 1 as well.) But this one is entirely their own idea, I had nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone! *waves to the new sims* I'm so glad you have that list, PiB. It really helps keep track.

    Christian is better off as a single dad.

    Rick's a fast mover. In any game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my list - and as a page I can add details as they come to hand. Like if anyone cares, I could add career info - skills info etc. Even the sidebar version at least reminds anyone who cares where the original Sims came from. But the full page allows me to set up more details.

    Christian hasn't really had time to get used to single parenting but once he divorced Pauline, I went to their place just to kick her out!

    Rick was a very fast mover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you kicked her out PiB.

    Rick was a sneaky mover in my game. He got Marta pregnant behind my back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D I don't know what to say about Rick. I only laughed at it. I saw the way he acted on Dee's game and now yours. Probably he met the guy on the gym ;) But, that's interesting, I don't mind at all. Let's see, he has athletic, brave, can't stand art, clumsy, and slob traits. I don't know what traits making him like that (do these unexpected things). Perhaps women can't stand being near him, lol. By the way, thanks for adding him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey MJ. I was startled by Rick. I know I allow same gender relationships in story progression but having one happen to a newly added Sims was still a surprise.

    Since you don't mind, I'll leave him be and see if he finds himself a second boyfriend. There may be a few Sims around he can take a fancy to.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.