Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catching up with old friends

We'll leave our new Sims eating dinner at the local restaurant and see what they decide to do for themselves by the time we get back to them.

Here's a family not seen for quite a while. The Landgraab's, which started with my version of Malcolm IV from Sims 2 and AJ Anderson from SelahFreeAtLast.  They had three children; Mindi, Malcolm V and Daniel.  This is Mindi and Daniel.

AJ is an elder, her husband Malcolm IV has passed away.  AJ has acquired herself a boy toy, that Sim just behind her.  He's not long into young adulthood, definitely a bit young for her.

Mindi was nearly ready for her birthday to young adult and had no romantic interests.  One of the guys she liked as a friend was Mortimer Goth.  So she invited him over.


And they flirted the night away.  Once they got started, they just never paused.  She asked him to go steady and he agreed.

The next day, the two of them had their birthdays.

Mindi showing off her new look as an adult.  She now has a job in journalism.

Mortimer grown up.  That's Malcolm V, the middle child of the family behind the chair.  He looks very like his dad.

Growing up did not dim their passion.  Mindi and Mortimer took a backstage tour of the theatre which they enjoy very much.  No, no babies will come from that tour.

Daniel, the youngest son decided on a bit of a new look.  His face is more of a blend of AJ and Malcolm instead of being a clone of one parent.

Marta and Wyatt have a new son - the game gave the boy the name of Alnulfo (or something like that.)  His name is now Anthony.

Wyatt was very tired but had to take care of the baby because poor Marta almost fell over from exhaustion early.  They still live with Tyler Townsend and his girlfriend - no changes in that relationship.

Benjamin and Macy's second boy Ralph is an adorable toddler.  Macy is quite obviously expecting their next baby in another day.

And Thomas Leman was found out and about with his daughter Courtney.  The police force must have a red head policy in place - Thomas and Benjamin are cops.

 I decided that Thomas could take her to the library and teach her some useful things.  Diamonds are a Sims best friend.

22 comments:

  1. Great update and I just love it.

    Mindi and Mortimer are looking gooooood but AJ, what are you thinking? He's young enough to be your son.

    That's right Courtney, you listen to your daddy.

    LOL, I thought Wyatt was Jon Lessen for a minute there.

    I love that look Ralph is giving his daddy.

    Looking forward to all of this. It's great to see all of them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun making the rounds of some of our Sims that I always put in the game.

    Mindi and Mortimer surprised me by not getting engaged or married the moment I left the house. :) They were very in love. I knew AJ had a new boyfriend, but I hadn't realised that he was so young.

    Ralph was looking just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I posted I went to the top and read the list of current guest and their back story. It's a nice page.

    I'll bet they will be married soon.

    You would think that after a year of play I would be tired of looking at toddlers but not happening. The designers just made their actions so cute that I never get tired of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update! I love that AJ has a young boy toy. Good for you, AJ!

    Mindi and Mortimer are very sweet.

    I always like seeing Thomas with his babies. And how nice of a tired Wyatt to give Marta a break?

    Macy and Benjamin make cute little toddlers. I never tire of those toddlers, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Before I posted Saturday, I checked the Current guest list page and the last couple of posts to remember what state the game was in when I left. It took awhile to set up but it makes life simpler when you have many Sims.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chrysame, I was amused when I realised how young AJ's new boyfriend was. He's almost young enough to be one of hers. :)

    I think Mindi and Mortimer will do well together. I might just 'accidentally' move Mindi over to the Goth home. Give them a small hint.

    Thomas is always such a good daddy. I have to do something about the fact that he and Tylwa only have one child and Tylwa is very nearly an elder.

    Wyatt didn't do that on his own. The baby needed a bit of care and he wasn't in bed yet. :)

    Macy is so happy to be pregnant again and Benjamin is hoping for another boy (which is good cause that's what they are likely to have).

    Oh my heart nearly stopped when story progression announced that Christian Montgomery was dating...Pauline Montgomery. But she has since moved on so maybe he'll find someone nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ol' Pauline is the town bike in my game. I'm glad Christian is free and clear.

    Macy does like being pregnant. Not as much as Celia but darn close.

    Pollinate Tylwa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I installed Twallan's Story Progression - in Sunset Valley Pauline is always the town bike and she and Hank split up almost immediately. She frequently causes a lot of divorces around town.

    I think Tylwa and Thomas might tour city hall. If that doesn't work, a bit of pollination will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I just realised. Jon Marsh and Alicia Longshore have been married for ages but no babies...

    Hey Dee, should I do something about them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I want to see if they have twins in your game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's right. They had twins twice over in your game.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW - I think I'll visit Brooke and Hans next time I play. Time to find out what they are up to. Maybe Sam and Ripley can baby sit while Brooke and Hans do a quick holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! Now Brooke and Hans I remember very well.

    Jon and Alicia had twins the first time I put them together. I don't think I blogged about that one. The next time I put them together they had twins twice. Someone on the forum put Jon in her 100 baby challenge and Jon and her sim had twins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember that baby challenge. That simmer had several of my males in the list but I think they got distracted by baby 7 or 8 so none of my guys got there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I think that one disappeared. I can't imagine trying that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love an update on Brooke and Hans. Grandpa and Grandma Grant can look after the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor Grandma Grant. It's a step grandchild so she's really not concerned at the moment. :) Gramps Sammy, he'll have to do.

    Dee, I've never seen the point of the 100 baby challenge. It's not something you can do naturally if you control the mom. She can't possibly turn out 100 babies in a normal lifespan. A guy might be able to father 100 babies but as far as I can tell, they use the females and so must have aging off or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I played this game long enough to have Twyla and Thomas have one instant baby - male Ernie and start another baby the old fashioned way. Alicia is pregnant by Jon.

    And Mortimer and Mindi got married on their own. I had moved Mindi to the Goth manor, I know that house has space.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ripley is a disappointment if she can't rouse herself to care for a baby in the house. I know, I know, she'd rather paint.

    Ernie is a grand name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do good with dealing with one or two babies. I was a nervous wreck with those 5 that time. I can't imagine trying for 100.

    woohoo, Jon and Alicia are pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chrysame, I don't know about Ripley and the baby yet. They had just gotten home from the hospital when I stopped and I finished off those few chores for this game before I switched. She may well be fantastic with the baby, even though he's not related.

    Glad you liked the name Ernie. I felt it was a fine name so left it. :)

    I'm still so glad that Morty and Mindi got married by themselves. If I boot a few unnecessary Sims from town, they may even have babies on their own.

    Dee, I was a bit surprised that Jon doesn't have any babies yet. He's usually so consistent about making babies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Surprised me too PiB. I so hope they have twins.
    My blog has been updated now.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.