Sunday, June 13, 2010

If at first you don't succeed

In the house that had MJ Rose, Evan McPherson, Rick Shawn and Jack Harkness.  MJ and Evan are now girlfriend/boyfriend and MJ obviously dreams of something more.

Jack Harkness has moved out of this house and into a new one.  He and Rick had a nice time getting to know each other but no sparks from them.

Next up, a slightly strange household.  Sierra Nevada divorced Clover Hill when she found he had an affair with the town bike.  But she never booted him from the house and they are still great friends.  So this house has Sierra with her husband Jamison and Clover Hill with his second wife Kacyn.

Since I hadn't visited since Sierra and Jamison married, I gave them the basic compatibility test.  I started them flirting and came back to them making out.  Obviously Sierra is very compatible with new husband.

Kacyn and Clover are also quite a good couple.  I do hope he learned his lesson and won't play with the town bike again but we'll have to see.

I decided to have them Try for Baby because the genetics can prove interesting.  I've seen a number of Clover's kids now.  Some are just like dad, others mostly take after mom and a few have some mix.

This could make for a very interesting mix.

Now Jack Harkness when left in the old house almost immediately acquired a townie girlfriend.  Why a girlfriend when he had a serious preference for guys is a mystery.  So he moved into a new home with a new housemate.  Namely one Ollie Mayweather.  Jack said Hello then started flirting.  Ollie was pleased as anything to have Jack flirt with him and they hit romantic interest very quickly.

Definite major sparks here.  I used maxmotives and they flirted the entire night away on their own.  I made sure Jack was in good shape to go off to work the next day.

Jon and Alicia in the park.  Alicia had the baby.  It's a little girl they've named Caroline.  They came to the park without the baby, I hope they remembered the sitter!  We'll try to catch up with Caroline when she reaches toddler.

Speaking of toddlers this is Kristina Warren Hawke.  The little cutie of Ripley Warren and Hugo Hawke.

Ripley teaching the baby to walk while Hugo is off to improve his handiness skill.

While I was playing this last time, I was notified that Ripley, Susie Pierce and Zayne Hunter-Bodette are all expecting again.  Ripley hasn't had enough time to start showing but little Kristina won't be an only child for long.

Annabelle Grant is also a toddler, making her daddy Phillip and mom Rachel very proud.

The happy family in the backyard.  Rachel is doing well at keeping up with the things she should for her career.  Phillip needs to work on writing reports for the vice squad.  So he went over to the park to see who he could interview...

And found Ollie Mayweather.  He asked Ollie a few pointed questions about Ollie's first job - in the criminal career.

Then headed to the library to write his report.  He needs a few more reports under his belt to make the police station really take notice of him.

16 comments:

  1. What a great update! The toddlers are so cute. I want to see Clover and Kacyn genetics, too.

    See?! See?!! Ollie and Jack just light up around each other. Major, major chemistry there. It makes me very happy to see them together, here. I like Ollie's new hair. It really shows off his teal highlights.

    I'm looking at the toddlers trying to pick out features of each parent. I would have been shocked if Annabelle didn't have plum hair. Kristina looks like Hugo but has Ripley's eyes.

    Baby for Jack and Ollie?

    I really like the background you're using for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Kristina and Annabelle are very cute. Annabelle had to have plum hair, with those parents she had no choice. I noticed that Kristina had Ripley's eyes but mostly Hugo features.

    Ollie and Jack are a great couple. Makes me very glad that I suggested if Ollie got a boyfriend, Jack should have a shot at the role. I picked the hairstyle just to show off Ollie's highlights. :)

    Baby for Jack and Ollie...hmm, well, they aren't officially dating or married so it's a bit premature. And then the critical question is adopt or SuperComputer baby?

    Thanks for the comment about the background. I like the fact that the new template design tool has been moved out of testing and into the normal blog. Many of those backgrounds would be fine on a mostly text blog but the quieter patterns seem to be best for Sims 3 blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still got your green in the background! :D

    Hmmm, it would be interesting to see Jack and Ollie genetics but I'll leave it up to you if and when the time comes.

    I want you to know I have been working on setting up a new town for Jack/Ollie. Of course, my game crashed to the desktop tonight and I lost it. Try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this update and this background! More cutie toddlers and one has chubby cheeks. It's so sweet.
    Oh well, there goes my theory of twins for Alicia and Jon.

    I can't wait to see what a child of Kacyn and Clover will look like.

    I thought Phillip was Indy there for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Dee, no twins this time for Jon and Alicia. Just one little girl.

    Can't blame you for Phillip, he is a dead ringer for his dad. Grant genetics strike again. :)

    Kacyn and Clover should have an interesting baby, that's for sure. I'm rather fond of Clover, like Jerod Bodette, he's just become a regular in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed something. Rachel get a sprinkler. AJ's jealous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. AJ in this blog has her boy toy Bryce. And two teenage sons to watch over.

    I think on my last visit, I put a sprinkler on the lot to see if an elder AJ would still play. Yep, age doesn't matter for that.

    Rachel and Phillip, a sprinkler is just a device for watering plants. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh. I wish I knew why A.J. was so in love with sprinklers. I love how this games works. Sims are such individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to the forums, Sims that Love Outdoors tend to get this way about sprinklers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you seen Jack have as much spark with other sims as he's had with Ollie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not me. But that's because...

    This is the first time Jack actually made it into my game. Odd but true, he's been in my Sim bin for ages and never into the game. James Wilson still hasn't made it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! Poor Captain Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I remember now. She's old and she met that young guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Dee, AJ's boy toy http://nicarralovessims.blogspot.com/2010/05/catching-up-with-old-friends.html

    He's just a few days older than her daughter Mindi. :)

    Agreed Chrysame, poor Captain Jack. He does deserve more attention then I've given him so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it must be one of those May/December things.

    I wonder if MJ is going to get her wish?

    LoL, I just realised how funny that was there at the end. Phillip's writing a report for the vice squad with the help of Ollie the criminal.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.