Saturday, October 2, 2010

The SV Times - Freshest Gnus Gathered Daily

People around town

by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd

Our new feature is on the musical community in the Valley.

Cyclone: Good evening Mr Marsh.
Jon: Good evening Cyclone.

Cyclone: So would you like to tell me about your position in the music world?
Jon: Well, I've been slowly making my way up in the business for a long time. I'm finally a permanent member of the orchestra, I have conducting and composing music firmly in my sight.

Cyclone: I understand the hours are a bit strange?
Jon: Well, the main performance is always in the evening, so it's a late night and a late start to the day.

Cyclone: And about your family?
Jon: Ah, That's not going so well. My wife, Alicia kicked me out of the house and out of her life. She just suddenly snapped and said she couldn't stand the groupies nor my Casanova ways.

Cyclone: Alicia, we hear that you've recently divorced Jon?
Alicia: Well, Caroline is growing up quickly and I don't want her to see the constant parade of women vying for Jon's attention.

Cyclone: Our next interviewee is Mortimer Landgraab-Goth, local talent scout.
Mortimer: Hi Cyclone.

Cyclone: So, is the life of a talent scout stressful?
Mortimer: Not really. I get to travel around town, watching for performances in the parks. See who's getting the crowds.

Cyclone: Is that it?
Mortimer: I also sit in on guitar lessons. Some people have the gift from the moment they touch the instrument.

Cyclone: Care to tell me about your family?
Mortimer: I have a lovely wife Mindi, and a son Seth. You should know Mindi, she's another journo.

Cyclone: I hear that you and Mindi have paid for a big renovation in Goth Manor?
Mortimer: Yes, my dad and his dad all claimed that the gloomy nursery helped build character. I think that's rubbish, it just builds nightmares.

Cyclone: Was it costly?
Mortimer: It certainly wasn't cheap but our son has a nice room with colourful toys and paintings. Not a dull grey room.

Seth Landgraab-Goth


Fashions today

by Star Matlock
Apparently one of our models needs extra persuasion to perform today. The situation is being handled by an expert.

And here they are
Meredith is sporting the latest in peasant fashion, Charmed. Her hair today is by Vicki.

Jeb is showing some frilly flair with a Bardly Shirt. His hair today is by Eric.

Social Scene

by Autumn Portobella


Latest news from the Sw0rd home is that baby Nicole was born today.

The parents are exhausted and very happy with their new daughter.

19 comments:

  1. "Jon: Ah, That's not going so well. My wife, Alicia kicked me out of the house and out of her life. She just suddenly snapped and said she couldn't stand the groupies nor my Casanova ways"
    LMAO at the above quote.

    Wow, that's a big and beautiful change to that nursery.

    I can see you are having a ton of fun with all the new stuff. I'm so happy for you to be able to get stuff again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he had *just* moved house because Alicia had given him the boot. Just for being the town casanova actually. Since he is in music, I thought he should have groupies as well.

    I tend to change to the household that Cyclone is interviewing and there was poor Seth in that hideous nursery. I couldn't take it and did a serious redecorate for that poor toddler. No wonder poor Mortimer was so warped in Sims 2 - that would warp any child.

    Indeed the new stuff is fun! It does mean that redecorating is slowly though, I have choice again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D And knowing John he probably would have had a lot of fun with those groupies.

    I agree. That nursery was hideous. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He certainly does have a good time with lots of lady friends. Which is why he was booted out. Though Alicia would have done better to move herself and Caroline out of the shack they live in and make Jon stay there. He has a nice place, she doesn't.

    Thanks for the comment about the nursery. It was by far the worst room in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *laughing* Knowing Alicia, she will probably find herself a sugar daddy to put her in a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so. She needs a better place than that starter shack.

    Course Jon is now stuck with child support so she'll have money to move soonish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for her. John screwed himself there. :)

    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. One of my grandsons called to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twallan's story progression adds the child support payments. Some parents are excellent, others don't pay often if ever. It adds some realism to the broken family scenarios.

    I just thought you had crashed for the night. :)

    I'm also still giggling from time to time about making Jeb wear ruffles. I cannot imagine that he's liking his role as a model much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to say something about Jeb in ruffles but I was waiting for Kaleeko to pop in and see what she had to say.
    I would never have recognized either one one them. He still looks like the old Jeb in my game. His son Bradley has aged to teen and has Jeb's hair. Looks just like his daddy.

    I am going to be crashing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the time, he's plain old Jeb in either his normal outfit or his master thief gear. Bradley does looks a lot like Jeb if he inherits Jeb's hair style. And Meredith usually looks like Mere - except for dressing for this new section of the paper.

    No place to mention it in the update but one of my pop-ups let me know that child aged Bradley is now best friends with child aged Annabelle Grant. It will be interesting to see how they go when they both hit teen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, maybe they will be childhood sweethearts and be together forever. That would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to see Mr. Marsh. It's been awhile.

    I love what you did to the nursery. It's so pretty and bright.

    You might have given Jeb ruffles but he's still in black. :) Nice job with little Caroline's outfit, too.

    Cyclone's a daddy. He's generally a good daddy. At least that was my experience.

    I think you'd really enjoy BB, PiB. Maybe it will be one of the daily deals someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SwOrd is going to be very busy now, especially with the new joy in the household.
    Even though, Jon and Alicia often had not smooth relationship, but they always fall for each other.
    If Jeb didn't wear the glasses, I would thought him as Bradley.
    I'm happy for you that you are able to use store items again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Chrysame, it was time to visit Jon and Alicia Marsh - even if she had just dumped him.

    I'm really pleased about that nursery renovation. It was just so sad before the change.

    :) Jeb isn't finished his modeling career. It only goes further downhill; frills can only be followed by colour!

    I'm looking forward to seeing Cyclone as a daddy.

    I'll probably get BB at some point after we get back. That and the new EP

    ReplyDelete
  15. It won't be long before you're traveling. It's going to be so weird not to see your updates for a while. But, it will be great to see your pictures of Italy. And to hear your impressions of yoru travels.

    Jeb is your unwilling Ken doll! Who knows, maybe secretly he enjoys it. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey MJ - Cyclone and Trina should have fun with the new baby.

    I think Alicia has really had it with Jon, I'm sure Dee is right and Alicia will find herself someone new quickly.

    Bradley does resemble his dad, quite a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) It's going to be weird not being able to update the various blogs for a month.

    Might be the hubby's pics but we'll see. He's way more serious about pics then I am.

    As long as Meredith insists, Jeb will do the model thing. I don't think he'll ever quite enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The nursery renovation looks awesome. I commend you (and the Sims) for tackling that house... I tried to fix up the Goth mansion, once. It deserves a bottom-up makeover, though. But, the nursery's probably the most important, considering how glum it was before... Wow.

    Meredith looks really cute in that pirate's dress -- but I swear I rofl'd a little when I saw Jeb in that shirt. Jeb 1.0 is feeling a chill shiver up his spine... ^^

    Also: Mindi is a very good looking Sim. I like sims that have a unique look to them but still manage to look beautiful... Like Marta, for example. I can recognize Marta in an instant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most of the Goth house looks ok if not stunning to me. But that nursery just had to go.

    I bet Jeb 1.0 is wishing he could remove his clones from my games. This one is a fashion diva - which is not high on his real agenda. And since other Jeb clones have been murdered and suddenly seduced by a guy - his fate on my computer is always a worry.

    Mindi has good genetics. Dee's AJ Anderson and one of my Sims (basically a blond Sammy) are her parents. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.