Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The SV Times - Only the Freshest Gnus

People around town
by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd

Our new special feature will be a focus on the politicians in town. First we visit a member of a founding family.
Cyclone: Mr Landgraab, we understand you went into politics to spite your mother.
Malcolm: Not spite as such but she would have preferred me to take over the business empire she built. I just have no interest in following her career path.


Cyclone: So why did you pick politics?
Malcolm: Well, it's a good way to make a better life for the entire community. As long as you stay in the middle levels.

Cyclone: The middle levels?
Malcolm: Too low and you aren't effective. Too high and you spend most of your time building funds for the next campaign.

Cyclone: And the family?
Malcolm: I believe you've seen my wife Bella when you were interviewing musicians in town. Our little girl Destiny is with her grandmother today. Mom still isn't fond of kids, I don't know why she volunteered. Destiny is a lovely girl.

Cyclone: Our next politician is Hugo Warren Hawke. Good evening, Hugo.
Hugo: Hello Cyclone.

Cyclone: So why are you climbing the greasy pole that is politics?
Hugo: I want to make it to the top. Pure and simple.

Cyclone: And your family?
Hugo: My wife is one of the loveliest women to walk the earth. And our two girls are just as pretty as their mom. The toddler is Roberta.

Hugo: and our older girl is Kristina.

Cyclone: So any last words?
Hugo: Donate now and donate big to my next campaign.

Cyclone: And our final interview for today is Holly Alto. Holly, why did you pick politics as a profession?
Holly: Well, it's a way that I can see my mother and completely stay away from my father?

Cyclone: I had heard before you didn't get along well with Nick?
Holly: The best day of my live was the day that I left home. I loathe my father.

Cyclone: You are married?
Holly: I married Parker, he's a lovely man.

Cyclone: Children?
Holly: No no interest. I didn't have a great childhood and I'm not sure if I can be a better parent then my father.

Social Scene
by Autumn Portobella

The Red Rendezvous recently opened its doors and enjoys a booming business with the reputation of being one of the hot spots in town. The clientèle were definitely enjoying a good night out.

And Max Han has finally convinced his girlfriend Carolina North that it was time to tie the knot.

The newly weds are looking forward to a long and happy life together.

9 comments:

  1. *laughing* I love it. I love it all. I especially love the look on Grandma's face. I agree Malcomb. I don't know why she volunteered either.
    Here's some money for your next campaign Hugo. Cha-ching!
    Congratulations Carolina. LOL. wonder how long it'll last.
    Both of Hugo and Georgia's girls have her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I have to agree with Dee... The look on Gramma's face is priceless. ;) At least Malcolm isn't treading totally in his mum's footsteps. He looks very happy.

    Both of Hugo's girls are absolute dolls. I have to say, the more they take after their mama, the better. She's a beauty. :D

    Wewt wewt, go Carolina! I have to wonder too, though, if it'll last. Then again, she's stayed married for quite a while in my game despite her... fluttery eyes, ahem. I guess Thomas is just tolerant? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolina is getting married! Have a baby or two, Carolina. Please and thank you.

    Hugo and Ripley make pretty babies. Good lineage. Hugo's daddy is Thomas Leman and his momma is Pamela Dove. He's got very good genes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to know why Nancy had taken little Destiny to the park. Geoffrey Landgraab loves family, Nancy, definitely not so much so.

    Carolina and Max have been steady for quite awhile. But I'm about to boot them from Cyclone's house so they will have much more room to get into mischief. :)

    Hugo's girls do take quite a bit after mommy Ripley. Hugo is fine with that, he loves their mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malcolm is a sweet and easy going guy. Not much like my favorite Sims 2 Landgraab - Malcolm IV but sweet all the same.

    Destiny is quite quite likely to look familiar as she grows up. Her genetics match that of Vanessa Bachelor Grant. :)

    You know Kaleeko, I don't think I've ever had a single story bad story about Thomas and his spouse. Even if she's bad. Even when he's the local casanova or gigolo. He just doesn't seem to mind anything if he's married. Carolina can probably do whatever she likes.

    @Chrysame - we'll have to see if this Carolina wants a baby.

    Agreed about Hugo and Ripley. How can the kids be less than adorable when they have Thomas, Pamela, Wyatt and Marta as grandparents? Pity they didn't have a house full of them but what can a girl do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Pity they didn't have a house full of them but what can a girl do? :)"

    Tweak SP and Woohooer Settings... *whistle*
    Tee hee. Still, I always think the less there is, the more special they are. It's always fun seeing all the possibilities, though.

    "You know Kaleeko, I don't think I've ever had a single story bad story about Thomas and his spouse. Even if she's bad."

    Certainly not on his own, I imagine! There's a bit of sourness you'll see later on in my game, but it's for a reason very true to Thomas, I think. And he always manages to smooth the feathers I ruffle later on, too. ;) The guy's a champ when it comes to family. So sweet.

    Also, prooooobably a good idea for Carolina and Max to get a place of their own, yeah. Especially if they're gonna have room for da babies! :D I imagine Cyclone's ready to have the house more to himself and his own family now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Step one to more babies - kill more of the defaults and townies. My town is at 142 - was 150 till last night.

    Hugo and Ripley can decide on their own about more babies.

    I made sure Thomas had 3 cause he adores big families. Ben and Macy have 3 cause they wanted a baby when I visited. :)

    I will make sure that Carolina has a baby..after that it is up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the interview, especially about Holly. Max Han and Carolina North is getting married. Can't wait to see their offspring. I am sure they would make cute babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by MJ. Max and Carolina should have at least one lovely baby for us.

    Holly has no relationship with her dad but she actually does have a friendship with her mom who is in politics too. I wonder if anyone actually likes Nick Alto...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.