Friday, July 29, 2011

Special offer - guest articles

One way or another, I will be continuing on here. So I've decided on a special offer.

You can post either special reports or blog posts by any of the local journalist except Cyclone. Whenever the mood strikes is a good time to write and post. I could add a family with a journalist for you (I believe I need to fetch Cheezy's family!) if you don't want to use Connor, Star or Autumn.

You could review books/movies/tv. You could write a 'foreign correspondent', foreign meaning outside the valley. Pretty much, any random content you might find in an online newspaper.

So submit your resume now to be part of the SV Times team. This offer is not limited by time. :)

If you have some other ideas for what special articles should be in the SV Times, leave them in the comments! And check the comments for ideas.

Ok, YES, it appears that a Reset Everything and a save as has brought this save back from the brink.

So if you want to write the occasional article, it should either be a 'foreign' piece targetted to the SV audience or match the cast of characters that we have established on the blog. I'll try and fill out a few more family profiles but this should be enough to get you started.

4 comments:

  1. I'm up for it. My sim Cassie would be just the girl to cover the party scene.

    Other ideas:

    A Dear Abby type piece
    Couponing with a frugal sim
    Shopping with style by a snob sim
    An interview with a janitor at the school and how he deals with all those pranks
    Sims who cheat
    Spotlight on some skill set
    One week it's Spotlight on fishing.
    On another it's Spotlight on gardening.
    Restaurant review, did you sim get sick or have the best meal of his life.

    Sorry, I went on and on. Just a few ideas to be used or not used!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like Chrysame's suggestions, especially the Dear Abby idea! The janitor column would be pretty fun, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cheezy, does this mean that you want to take on the Dear Abby (or whatever the sim name is) column? :)

    The spotlight on a skill set, if anyone wants to tackle that, I can give you a list of Sims to match up with the skills. Like the gardening segment should be by Clover Hill - he is the professional gardener in town. The fisherman in town is Malcolm Landgraab V. You name the skill and I know the Sim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, sure! :) I actually forgot which sims I put up for download...I think it was Alex and Michele. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do a "Dear Alex" column. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.