Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The SV Times - We Piece Gnus Together for You

Special Report
by Conner Frio

Using information gained by a variety of sources, our top cops went to the Warehouse to investigate the activities reported. Benjamin Lee and his partner Phillip Grant had a few words with Mr Jebidiah Kane.

Mr Kane denied all knowledge of illegal activity on the premises.


Mr Lee let Mr Kane know that was not an acceptable answer to his queries.

Mr Kane was persuaded to help police with further inquiries.

The next morning, Mr Kane was released without charge. No proof of illegal activity could be found at the Warehouse. It is said that his coworkers were less then impressed and he has been demoted. It is said Mr Kane is not pleased with the state of affairs.

People around town
by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd

Concluding our report on the politicians in town.

Cyclone: MJ Rose, you are the city mayor.
MJ: Indeed I am. It's been a busy time trying to raise little Christina and stay on top of any situations in the city.

Cyclone: What sort of situations have you faced as mayor?
MJ: Our schools face a serious overcrowding issue. Education standards are dropping, the teachers can't cope.

Cyclone: Anything else?
MJ: Car ownership is spiraling out of control. We've been finding families with a mere two adults might have 3 or 4 cars. No one can cross the street safely any more.

Cyclone: Our final interview for this story is  Kristy Russ-Montgomery. Wife of the team captain Christian Russ-Montgomery. Kristy, why politics?
Kristy: It's one way to make a difference.

Cyclone: You work during the day, your husband mostly works in the afternoon and into the evening. Doesn't that put a strain on the relationship?
Kristy: We like to think that it makes the time we can spend together much more special.


Cyclone: How does Christian feel about your career?
Kristy: He's very supportive.

Cyclone: I believe that you have two step-sons?
Kristy: Yes, Trent and Chaim are both from his first marriage with Pauline Wan. The poor boys haven't seen much of their mother since she left this house.

Cyclone: Because you or Christian won't let her?
Kristy: More because she can't be bothered. She more interested in hunting down new love interests then she is of her sons.

The Social Scene
by Autumn Portobella

Last night was family night in Central Park. The event was quite popular.

Patsy Pierce came and brought along her baby brother Joey.

The Hunter-Bodette family were also there. Zayne and Joanna having a nice chat while they enjoyed sitting in our lovely park.

The youngest Hunter-Bodette, Buddy was playing catch with his dad.

Jerod Hunter-Bodette taking time from his busy job at the hospital to spend quality time with the family.

12 comments:

  1. Most of the pics for this post have been waiting for some words to fill it out since well before Christmas. But I had a few more pics I had to create before it was ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, woot! Jeb evades the law yet again! Bwahahahaha! You go, my precious boy! >:D

    Funny seeing the cops take him to the police station, though. Was that an actual interaction (I'd assume the 'raid criminal warehouse' one) or did you stage the fight? I haven't had a cop in so long I can't remember what happened when they did that.

    MJ as mayor. Tee hee hee. Cute. ^^

    I love how you worked the car glitch into her political agenda. ;) That's hilarious!

    Definitely lots of 'awwwws' at the family day at the park. Always great to see people out and about actually spending time with their family--unlike Pauline Wan, apparently. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaleeko, your precious baby has paid a price. He's level 7 now.

    All staged. There is nothing like that in the actual game. Jeb and Ben lived with Phillip for the duration.

    Car glitch makes for good press for MJ.

    I happened by the park and noticed how several families were out.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Level 7 ain't bad, but then, Jeb would likely not agree with me on that. Being demoted would probably make him *extremely* cranky.

    Nice :D Good on you for doing some staging! It can be a pain in the butt, but sometimes it's nice to set up a good idea you have. I think it turned out well. :)

    Glad something good came of the car glitch. It's really starting to irk me--and I have Overwatch. I can't imagine what Dee's going through without it.

    Seems a bit strange that that many people were out wandering in the park so late at night, especially with toddlers, but when you can't sleep, ya can't sleep. The two sisters on the bench is real cute, too--I'd recognize that bubble-gum pink hair anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think Jeb is definitely cranky. He thought everything was under control.

    I've done staging before, but I usually manage to be more subtle about it. This one was more the hammer approach, harder to miss. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get my Top cops a police cruiser - finally did and couldn't get a decent shot of them going to the station.

    The park pics were around 8. Late but not horribly late. I have seen Sims in the park with a toddler at 3 in the morning. Not sisters on the bench, that's Mom and her second oldest. The one with no shoes is the Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nabbing a police cruiser is seriously annoying, so it's even moreso when all that work goes for nothing. XD I've had my fair share of frustrations with it.

    It's not terrible subtle, but it looks less setup then mine; heck, even me asking shows that it wasn't that obvious. ;)

    Ach, yeah, the Sims universe always gets so dark so early. Always hard to place times. And, I totally misread something, because I swore it said 'sisters' on that pic... But I'm just imagining things as usual. ;) Let's just say it's a compliment to Zayne for still looking young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Jeb always finds a way to get away, does he? Too bad that he got demoted, though. His co-workers should have realized that they are losing their best guy there. Or, maybe they think he was being too suspicious.

    Ah, MJ as a Mayor! It was cute of her to hold Christina. :) You always find a way to connect what happened in the game (and even a glitch) with the interview. I like that she had concern with education very much. Ooh, Poor Tret and Chaim, their real mother is really something!

    I love how these sims spend their family time.. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, imagine my disappointment when the guys took a limo to the meeting spot instead of a cop car. I blame Jeb.

    Technically, with only 3 Sims, I might have been able to do this with minimal staging but it's way easier to temp move them together and control all three.

    It does get dark early. I'm pretty sure I never *wrote* sisters under Zayne's pic. So must have been a trick of your local light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MJ, Don't ever worry about Jeb. He'll have something up his sleeve. He wasn't demoted completely - he was a level 10 thief, he's now a level 7 henchman.

    MJ makes a cute mayor and her baby with Evan is so very very adorable. She worried about education because her daughter will be going to school soon.

    I'm glad that Christian and I booted Pauline out ages ago. She never was a good mother to her sons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, Ben, that is not the way to get your answers. That is the way to get your arse kicked. :D
    Congratulations to MJ the mayor. Honey, you got a lot of work to do regarding those cars.

    To Kaleeko. I'm not having any problems since I removed all the parking spaces. I haven't spent enough time in any other towns to know if the problem will still be there. I don't think. I seem to recall playing for a while in BP and everything was okay. Could be wrong about that.

    Back to the story.
    All the kids look so great. I am so glad Pauline isn't there to ruin their childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good prediction Dee. Cause Ben did start a fight but
    he didn't fare well While Jeb was enjoying victory - that would have been the time that Phillip decided to take him in. :)

    Glad you have the car thing under control. It's not too horrible in SV with Twallan but I still have 100+ cars a night removed from Bridgeport.

    Pauline just wasn't really mom material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish me luck with this save. Last night, it went very unstable - switched houses for a moment and scrolling around the neighborhood wasn't working, the sounds were jerky and switched back to find that Cyclone and Trina both had filled life goals, though they were actually far away from them! Might be one of the other apps I ran chewed a bit of memory that Sims wanted for itself. I'll try again soon and see.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.