Monday, March 7, 2011

The SV Times - All Gnus You Gneeds

News in the City
by Connor Frio
Sunset Valley mourns the passing of another of our leading citizens, Mrs Nancy Landgraab. The Landgraab family has been a backbone of our community for over a century. The family has a strong traditions with the name, the marriage partner of the heir must agree to taking the Landgraab name. Geoffrey Landgraab was no exception to this rule.

Nancy is survived by her husband Geoffrey, their sons Malcolm and Brendon and a granddaughter Destiny. Geoffrey is in deep shock and was unable to respond to our requests for comments.

This reporter did eventually corner Malcolm Landgraab.

"We are very stunned by the passing of my mom. No one really expected that her time had come. Yes, we knew she was old but she hadn't slowed down in the least."

"That doesn't seem to be your only news."

"True. We recently realized that Bella was pregnant for the second time. Then at the last prenatal checkup, the doctors told us to  expect twins, maybe even triplets. I'm hoping that the shock of having two or three babies doesn't kill dad."


After the great success of the Day in the Park series of events, the city decided to try a Night at the Cemetery. This did not prove terribly successful, Macy Lee brought one of her sons.

And Christi Clayton brought a friend.

Not even the resident ghosts could be bothered to stir themselves up. It was a very dead night, in every possible respect.


Relationships in the city
by Star Matlock
One of our town juvenile deliquents,  Ernie Leman wasn't making a good impression on Jane Bachelor.
Jane later was heard to say, "That little punk thinks he can get away with insulting my fashion sense. And yet, look at that vest. Way over the top with that ginger hair of his."

Childhood friends Bradley Kane and Annabelle Grant met up at the park to celebrate going to a new school. This week sees the old friends starting high school for the first time.

Sunset Valley Chess Tournaments
By Autumn Portobella
Mrs Trina Sword decided to start her climb up the tournament ladder. Her first challenge was to defeat Tyler Townsend. Mr Townsend has been our lowest ranking tournament player for some time. He prefers building muscles for his job in the Team instead of building brain power.


Mrs Sword defeated Mr Tyler in a game that lasted less than an hour.

"Trina is a fine player. I underestimated how much she'd want my spot on the tournament ladder."

Trina then challenged our next ranked player, Ms Rena Goth. While this match lasted a little over two hours, in the end Trina triumphed over Rena.

"I'll want a rematch of course. But Trina is a very good opponent, her strategic placement of the bishops wasn't obvious at first."


Cyclone's blog
by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd
We've been looking forward to the big day for ages now. Our second child is finally on his or her way.



We ran over to the hospital. It's so close that the taxi would take longer to arrive than just going.

A few hours later and Trina gave birth to our son Rock Sw0rd. Mother and baby were released from the hospital and are doing well at home.

-------

Bonus pic

Cyclone is just a toothpick. Scrawny with no muscles at all.

23 comments:

  1. Looks like the elder generation is slowly tinkering off... Buh-bye, Nancy. ;D

    Bella having twins or triplets makes me chuckle--yeah, I hope Malcolm survives that, as well.

    Late night socializing in the cememtary? Jeeezz.. Those Sims like to do some weird stuff sometimes. O.o

    Annabelle is a cute little gal. :) Brad better be sure to be nice... Not that he ever wouldn't be.

    Congratulations to Cyclone. :) Rock Sword? That's.. an.. interesting name. ;D lol, Better than Steel Sword or something, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, Trina, you should do something with your husband!He has bones everywhere. :) Enough with it, Aww, finally the second child is born . Lol @ Ernie Leman and Jane. Annabelle and Bradley, old friends or going to be a new couple *cough* ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think Geoffrey is the only relic left from that lot.

    Malcolm doesn't remember but he's been on the triplet ride before with Darleen Bunch Landgraab. I should age up that lot once just to see what the genetics did and failed at.

    What can I say? My freaking Sims are any old place at night. LOL

    Annabelle is very pretty. She and Brad have been friends for ages but who knows how that will go once teenage hormones hit them.

    Someone failed in naming that child. that much is certain. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not Trina's fault the Cyclone just is bone. I keep telling Kaleeko, next to Cyclone, any other male is the very picture of manliness. :)

    I was going to blame a Lee boy on picking on Jane, then I realized what hair I was looking at. Thomas's colour is quite distinct.

    Annabelle and Bradley, well, I won't object if they want to be a couple but I'll leave it up to them. If Sims cared about looks at all, 1/2 the boys in town would be buzzing around her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just worrying about Cyclone XD

    :D Variation makes the game like a real life.


    One of my sims turned fat in one day, but I preferred her that way.

    I guess that Trina is pretty busy with her little ones now, but she has to give more attention to her husband.

    And oh, can't wait to see whether Bella would have twins or triplets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the updates! I've been attempting to catch up on your blog over the past few days, haha.

    Eek, multiples! Poor poor Bella. I'm a twin myself, so I always feel bad when my pregnant sims pop out two or three babies.

    D'aww, young Brad! He and Annabelle are so cute.

    My sims like to hang out in the graveyard too, it's really weird! I caught Chase chatting with Jade Greenwood at 3 AM in the graveyard once... yet she didn't get in trouble for breaking curfew. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on PiB's blogs can be a bit of a head-spinner, since she's got 4... XD Hahaha.

    Hahaha--It's so unfair how NPC households don't get stalked by the curfew police, isn't it? :P But... That's why I have a mod for that. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse me--she's got *5*. Apparently I can't count. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, 5?? Well, I'm nothing if not dedicated.

    I've noticed that, but I didn't know there was a mod to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, wake up to wall of comments! yeh!

    Hey MJ, I worry about Cyclone too. Like he'd blow away in a real cyclone/hurricane in an instant.

    Variation is good though. Cyclone is skinny but we have plenty of plump Sims around town.

    Twallan rates Bella at 1000% chance of twins and 40% of triplets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amelia!

    Multiples are interesting. I had a house with triplets and it was quite a lot of work for the parents since they had a toddler too.

    Real life twin, wow.

    Young Brad spent the next night hanging out by the diner all night. Some teens just don't know what to do with themselves. LOL

    That was a quiet night compared to some at the graveyard.

    Yeah, Kaleeko is right, there are 5 Sims 3 blogs. This one is the oldest and makes the least sense from the start since I had to restart twice. :)

    Don't feel obligated to read all of them. It could be quite a project.

    I can understand why Kaleeko's first impression was 4. Two are short story blogs and I never ever writes stories in both at the same time. So I only have 4 active blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been contemplating how I'd recommend reading the horde of blogs.

    This blog - Don't go any further back than the start of The SV Times titles. Gets very random before that. :)

    Sims 3 Short Stories - doesn't have that many posts and won't take too long.

    Hi Mum It's Sammy - lot's of individual clone stories, but it does have the most posts of any blog. At most, I'm writing either a Hi Mum or a Short Story but never both.

    Art Flows Through - Probably short enough to read the lot without too much pain. Generational type game but it's still just gen 2 with gen 3 about ready to leave the nest.

    World Adventures With the Grant Family - I think the newer users all start sometime after Phillip Grant takes over the family journal. Phillip is gen 3 and the oldest son has recently moved out and married.

    I got used to popping between families and storylines while playing Sims 2 and didn't manage to ditch the habit.

    As I say, you definitely *don't* have to read all that. LOL But there is a lot of variety there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a mod for the curfew police, yeah--several, actually. The one I use I don't think they make anymore (which means it might be outdated, but it still seems to be working fine), but there's several others out there that change what times the police go searching, or remove the curfew altogether; the one I have reduces the percent chance of being found, so you can ideally stay out all night if you get lucky.

    Here's a decent one, if you're interested: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=432367

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually love the bouncing around, it's really cool to see a wide spectrum of plots/families!

    I've read Art Flows Through, it's quite good! I've been flicking through Hi Mum and the short stories, and of course reading back through this blog. My next goal is to read the World Adventures one! I love traveling stories, seriously- I think the Pesces will have to go on a trip sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say, of PiB's blogs World Adventures is probably my favorite. It's the closest she has to what some people would consider a Legacy game, but I'm really fond of all the Sims in that blog. Especially because it's got Brad and Emerald together in it. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, thanks Amelia for checking out some of the blogs. I loves having readers. My poor Art Flows Through doesn't get much attention so it's nice to hear you've enjoyed it.

    Don't tell Kaleeko, but Brad, Em and three children are in that hood too. They just haven't been in the story yet. :) Had to rename the baby after he was born to match Phillip's game cause otherwise I'd get confused.

    World Adventures is one of my favs to play - I've grown quite attached to the family. Deciding who will take over writing the journal is going to be tough. And Kaleeko knows, I specifically set up Brad's family to be a good age to grow up with Phillip's children. I think that was before I knew that the last baby was twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pfft! I actually think I knew about the second Brad/Em pair, but I still like the World Adventures set better because they're... the "originals". That and it's nice to see Emerald alive.

    Remind me about that the next time I consider killing off one of my Sims. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I love Brad and Emerald! Though of course, I love Brad and Alesha too, so it's difficult to decide which I like better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor Kaleeko, if only Em's death hadn't been so unexpected and tragic... but I just couldn't cope. Which is why there are Brad and Em clones. Which gave Kaleeko the material for building a Brad dream sequence...

    It is nice to see a happy and well Brad and Em. Though the more often I see Brad and Alesha being adorable together... :)

    But Kaleeko, some of your Sims can never die. They just won't be in your blog any more. Jeb is my second favorite toy...

    That said, Jeb and Mere will never appear in Phillip's blog or Art Flows through. Those are generational and the grown Travis, Brad and Amelia are the first Kane generation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is going to be annoying. Blogger broke the image widget and now I have to add images one by one from my albums.

    I hope they fix it, that gets mega annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, it's pretty irritating. At least your posts are generally pretty small... If I was doing a 50+ image part next I would probably be waiting til they fixed it to do my next post. XD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.