Saturday, January 30, 2010

Catching up with Jon, Jerod, Rebecca and Grandpa

 
This is Jeanine Carpenter-Rhodes, daughter of Meadow and Jon Marsh.

Jon and Meadow are still getting along but

I made Jon propose and Meadow refused him.  I'm not sure if it was because their relationship wasn't quite high enough or because one of Meadow's traits is insane.

 
Jon returned to his true love, the guitar.  Clover Hill and Benjamin Lee were both impressed with his skill.

Marta and Jerod were asked to try for another baby.  Their first girl, Lacie is doing well in school and is still a pretty child.

  
She may be smelly but she's happy about being pregnant again.

 
Marta rang her boss for a chat and started bragging about the pregnancy immediately.

 
We welcome to the neighborhood Jasper Smith,  Rebecca and Jared's second child.  The first died as an infant.

 
Rebecca is quite happy with her little man.


My game has been doing well at producing boys for the next generation but not well with girls.  To balance that, I took Chrysame's Sim Macy Monroe and SelahFreeAtLast's Sim Benjamin Lee.  I put them into CAS and used the genetics tool to make three daughters.  There is the toddler
 
Katie Lee
And her two older sisters
 
Tracy Lee

 
Kim Lee
This family currently lives next door to the Muleskinners.  Though at the rate everyone is moving in the hood, I expect they'll change homes at least once.

 
Jeffry Muleskinner, an expected addition to the family.  Before I left the Muleskinner family last time, I made sure they would have a second child.  But when I got to the house this time, Grandpa threw the wish for a baby girl.  This was because Teresa was expecting their third baby...

 
Donna Muleskinner.  I had just  barely enough time to feed Teresa enough watermelon to ensure a little girl.  Jeffry clearly inherited his eye colour from his mother.

Both Doug and Grandpa were ready for a birthday.  Doug was doing well in school and so actually aged up well.  Grandpa was just going from young adult to adult.  At some point, he passed the fishing challenge of catching 350 fish, though only a few are in his inventory.

  
Doug after aging up started as

 
But he thought a new look might catch some girls.

And now to completely astound you with my magnificent, stupendous, absolutely amazing creation from CAW


LOL after that buildup, you would have been stunned. Not a user friendly tool.

12 comments:

  1. Heh. Marta does like being pregnant. Poor Jon Marsh. He finally proposes and is shot down. Maybe he's thinking, "Whew. I dodged a bullet there!"

    Rebecca looks quite happy with her baby boy. That's good to see. Good job with the makeover on Doug.

    I looked at CAW today. Opened it, looked, shook my head and closed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I imagine that Jon is perfectly happy with having dodged a marriage bullet.

    I have decided that if they haven't themselves, I will make sure that each family I play ends up with 2 children. Anything past child 2 is their very own fault! Especially Celia's current insanity.

    Rebecca and Jared have had two, still so sad seeing that dead baby in the family tree. So they also can choose for themselves if another baby is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, where to start?

    First Jeanine is just too cute for words. The look on her face is like she's saying: you know you can't scold me,I'm too cute.

    " I'm not sure if it was because their relationship wasn't quite high enough or because one of Meadow's traits is insane."
    That had me literally laughing out loud.
    I think it's because she's insane.

    Marta is just so happy to be pregnant that she hasn't even noticed she really needs to bathe. LOL. Geez.

    All the Lee girls are cute too, but Katie seems to be telling me she thinks she's the cutest on this page.

    Still laughing. Eat your damn watermelon Teresa. The town needs girls. I can see it now.

    Ooh Doug. You with the in crowd now.

    I tolds you CAW is a pain in the ass.

    Hey, you got farther than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Jeanine was doing the "I'm too adorable" pose. :)

    I suspect you are right about Meadow. Only an insane or inappropriate girl would turn down Jon with their current level of relationship.

    Marta had gotten home after a long night at work and fell into bed. She'd only had about 1/2 as much sleep as she needed when it was time to show off her tummy. It was a rough night, she was quite exhausted and spent a good bit of it nauseous.

    Benjamin and Macy do make nice children.

    I was glad Grandpa wanted a girl. I really do need more of them.

    I have two major issues outstanding with CAW. One is there isn't the faintest clue as to lot sizes. Like one of the two lots is for a hospital. But is it big enough, way too small, way too huge? No clues. The other is that roads aren't working for me as they are supposed to. The instructions say you can change the road after you lay it out by clicking and dragging the boxes. I can't drag those stupid boxes anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Pib. I know exactly how you feel with CAW. A while back someone posted the lot sizes. I copied and pasted them into a folder. I will see if I can find it and put it in our group blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a thread by outlaw about roads and know where I went wrong. I can't delete a completely wrong road yet.

    Thanks for posting the lot sizes. That should prove very useful if I want to go forward with the world.

    Thomas Leman wants a baby with Zayne. I'd be tempted but a) I promised myself I'd stop at two and b) doing one day rotations means she wouldn't have the baby while Thomas still had the want. But it's so tempting...Derrick's little brother Clayton is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what the heck. Let the man have his baby.

    The other day I managed to delete the roads. I don't remember if it was roads or not but I remember deleting something by right clicking.

    I would try to make a curved road and it would get wild curves or wouldn't curve at all.
    I found a map that had mountains on three sides and ocean on one side. I wanted to try to use that but was having a hard time getting more level ground to work on.
    I would try to make a straight road and connect another at a 90 degree angle and I think I managed once to get them to connect right.
    Yeah, I need that template kai mentioned or whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose if I turn aging off for a couple of days so Zayne could have the baby while I stayed with them a bit longer than usual. :)

    They are good parents. At the moment, Zayne wants to teach Clayton to walk and Thomas wants to teach him to talk.

    As for curving roads, it has to do with the blue boxes and Splines. If you use the Move tool to select a blue box, some of them change the shape of the curve (explaining which is a bit tough but the end ones make the road longer or shorter. The other ones change the curves.)

    I had looked at one of the terrain maps they had and it was far too hilly for me to do much with. Which is why I went for a flat map this time.

    I did manage to connect two roads and make a new style of road using their terrain paints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I want to have a chat to a programmer about the infant death syndrome.

    Chrysame, I am sorry to say that Christian and Celia lost a toddler. They had twins Jeanna and Vickie. Vickie is gone - leaving only a gray icon behind. So they have Byron, Jeanna and the new baby Camille.

    While slightly more sane as a household, I still dislike the death of the very young. Even sent Christian to the cemetery to manage the dead, but he had nothing to manage. At that age, they are just removed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, that's sad. At least it wasn't their only child. Maybe Celia will settle down and stop reproducing and concentrate on the brood she already has.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'll see. She may love those little ones too much to give up that soon.

    Vickie was struck by lightning 37 times. Poor mite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sent a sim to manage the dead one time and there was no one there and then the next time I sent a sim the dead was there. It was strange. It wasn't a baby though. I haven't had any babies die yet, but since I said that, they will.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.