Thursday, August 12, 2010

The SV Times - The Gnus to Read

Society Pages

Pauline Wan divorces again. Her second husband Kane grew tired of the revolving door policy that the local bike employs. Her first husband - well known athlete Christian Montgomery had this to say. "Only a damn fool would get married to that woman. I wish I hadn't been one."

Star reporter Cycl0n3 Sw0rd has divorced Emma Hatch. The couple cites irreconcilable differences, primarily over food. Since the couple have no children, a quick settlement is expected.


Cycl0n3 Sw0rd has been working hard since the breakup

to bring us the latest news.

People around town


by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd

Our new feature is on the brave police force, protecting us from crime. Today we visit one of the best in town, Triple Agent Phillip Grant.

Q: Oh wait, I thought you were a cop?
A: Yes, I am. At my level, undercover work is critical to our success. I've been working a tough case in City Hall.

Q: Can you tell us about it?
A: Not a lot of the details but let's just say there are reasons that Vita Alto has been demoted two levels in her career.

Q: So this investigation resulted in a demotion?
A: And a promotion. Christi Clayton is our new Governor because of the investigation.

Q: Do you normal tackle investigations alone?
A: My partner is Ben Lee.  He's a great guy, we work well together. But on some investigations, only one of us can do the undercover work. He's got a major case too, but we can't talk about that one.

Q: Tell me about your family.
A: I'm married to the loveliest scientist in town, Rachel. Ben disagrees with me. His wife Macy is also a scientist. (laugh)

We have one little girl, Annabelle.

Q: Any last thoughts?
A: Tell your readers not to break the law. I don't want to have to arrest anyone.

Personals

Person enthused about cooking looking for a lasting relationship with a person enthused about eating. Ring 123-45673 ask for Emma.

14 comments:

  1. "The couple cites irreconcilable differences, primarily over food."
    Yeah, she ate it all and he never got any from the looks of him. :D
    Hi Sammy, you go guy. Bust those crooks. You have a cute, darling little girl there.
    Love the personals. Emma wants to eat but wants someone else to do the cooking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Emma does love to cook. But Cyclone can't be bothered to eat.

    Sammy? Try Phillip, Sammy's grandson via Indy. Annabelle is adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh craps. I think I need more coffee or more sleep or... maybe more brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. correction: :)
    Hi Phillip, you go guy. Bust those crooks. You have a cute, darling little girl there.

    Cyclone, you need to start eating. Makes a woman feel as if her food isn't good enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phillip feels much better now that he's not mistaken for his granddad. :)

    As for Cyclone, I did the compatibility test with Emma. Started them flirting. They stopped almost instantly. Tried again with same result. Booted Emma from his life, Cyclone will find someone better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyclone and Emma is a bit like Jack Sprat and wife. Emma has the unflirty trait. She'll never flirt with the oh-so-inappropriate Cyclone.

    Annabelle is a cutie. She looks quite a bit like her mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great update! It's a new interesting way to know about the sims around the town. I wonder why you chose Cycl0n3 Sw0rd. Oh, Emma and Cyclon3. It was obvious why Cylon3 divorced her. I feel bad for him, especially when I saw him typing for the last news. I wondered if he ever ate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Laughs!* I am really loving this new format, PiB. Everything you write reads like it just came out of the in-game Sims paper; sounds like itèd be in a paper, but is actually quite absurd. ^^ Like: "Person enthused about cooking looking for a lasting relationship with a person enthused about eating. Ring 123-45673 ask for Emma."

    Good on Cycl0n3 to look for a new lady. Emma definitely did not seem to be his type. ;)

    Phillip's definitely got a cutie. I used to think all toddlers looked the same, but after seeing so many in y'all's blogs I'm finally starting to see all the differences. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrysame, Cyclone and Emma married on their own one of those well, we live together already kind of marriages. She's not a very good match for him.

    MJ, I picked Cyclone to do the news because he was already in journalism at a good level to be a reporter like this. I decided against using any of our Sims so I didn't have to pick favourites. :)

    Kaleeko, glad you are liking the new format still. I have aging off while Cyclone catches up with the various professions around town, it's going to take a while to do this. :) Hmmm, I'm not sure I've thrown any of your Sims in this town yet, I should fix that next time I play.

    I liked having Cyclone and Emma divorce at the top and Emma looking for a more appropriate mate in the personals at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry I called you your grandad Phillip.
    I'vwe never figured out just why some sims get married to begin with. Come to think of it I wonder the same about some people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Dee,
    It's pretty understandable - mostly this is my normal gen 1, repopulate town, crew. So there's Jon Marsh, Thomas Leman, Macy Monroe etc. Sam usually would be part of that crew but I decided the poor guy needed a holiday. So I skipped to one of his grandsons.

    Cyclone and Emma - a serious mismatch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really going to be interesting reading all the stories about the sims in the town. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cycl0n3! What the heck are you doing? I leave you alone for a few hours while I deal with Thomas and you get engaged to Emma again? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Throw someone at the boy. Make him his own little geeky girlyfriend. The boy is obviously desperate. Save Cyclone!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.