Saturday, August 7, 2010

The SV Times - All the Gnus that Fit, We Print

People around town

by Cycl0n3 Sw0rd

The focus this week are our business folk. In Sunset Valley, we have 3 Power Brokers; Nancy Landgraab, Nick Alto and Thornton Wolff. Today we visit the Landgraab family.



Q: Nancy, I understand that your family founded this town.
A: Yes, Cycl0n3. My family has been building this town for 3 generations now. Before the Landgraabs settled here, it was a public beach with a single shop. Our influence has made it into a thriving town.



Q: So you are proud of the family name?
A: I'm sure you've heard, Geoffrey agreed to become a Landgraab when we married. I wasn't about to let the family name disappear forever.

Q: How do you feel about the other power brokers in town? Thornton and Nick.
A: Thornton and I sometimes agree on issues and sometimes don't. But Nick and I never agree on anything, I despise that upstart. He is focussed on immediate payoffs and never thinks about longer term effects. I want to consider change as it will happen over time. I'm looking for a sustainable future, not short-term profits.

Q: So you and Nick?
A: Never leave us in a room with sharp implements.  Someone will have a knife in their back by the end of the day.

Q: Tell me about your family.
A: My son Malcolm is a bit of a disappointment. He takes after his father, they are both dreamers.

Q: But surely Geoffrey is a Neurosurgeon, not exactly an easy profession?
A: True but he should have been a world class surgeon by now. He spent time with the boys instead of concentrating on his career.

Q: Do you know Malcolm's job?
A: Let me think. He refused to try business, he said he didn't want to walk in my shadow. Ah politics, that's right. The boy is trying to work his way up in politics.

Q: Your younger son?
A: I have a younger son? Oh, wait, Brendan, that's his name. Ask his father, I have a corporation to run.

Q: Any final thoughts you'd like to share with our readers?
A: We need a stronger work ethic in town. Too many people are just doing what they have to at work. I work all the time, I'm on the computer consulting every day. I don't understand why so many people are slack. If we all work harder, this town will reach its full potential.

Since the interview, Malcolm Landgraab unexpectedly married Bella Bachelor. We wish them well.

20 comments:

  1. Hahah! Wow, Nancy is quite the snob! You definitely gave her quite the "voice" with this.

    Really funny, though. :D I was laughing the whole time reading this.

    It's cool to see more about some of the premades in Sunset Valley, since I haven't played there in such a long time.

    About the poll -- I think the newspaper report style is really unique and I really like it, personally, but in keeping with a 'news' style, branch out in other article styles besides interviews -- just to give it a bit of variety! I think it looks really promising, so far. :D
    Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaleeko,

    Glad you enjoyed the new style. I decided to try something different that I might be able to keep up with a bit more. The interview style gives it a focus and might make it more interesting for all of us.

    With the focus on something like business, I have a reason to visit the premades and the Sims I've dropped into town.

    I'll have to think about how to branch out. Hmm, interviews, the social section, reviews of the game and the concert...news of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store.

    Interviews are great, I think it'll be interesting to see through the eyes of various Sims around town. You've got some great thoughts on branching out, too. It's not needed, but it's an idea.

    lol, rereading this, I keep chuckling at this line: "I have a younger son? Oh, wait, Brendan, that's his name. Ask his father, I have a corporation to run." What a woman! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ask his father. I have a corporation to run." I did play the Landgraab household for some time and that's pretty much Nancy in a nutshell.

    One of the early Sam clones was helping raise Landgraab triplets and no one in the house was notified when Nancy died. I only knew it happened because Geoffrey came to a birthday party and was still in mourning. He's pretty much the only Sim she has time for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that's Nancy alright. Always so busy with her work that she never had any time for anything else. I remember playing that family for a short time and she was working at the computer when she went into labor and was back on it the moment she came back home.

    I think this is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dee.

    The next post is ready but I've put in a schedule so it will post tomorrow. I'm hoping this new format sees this blog getting more regular updates. It has the most followers of any of my blogs, it needs more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea, PiB. Lots of potential.

    Want a fun party? Invite Nancy and Nick and watch them go at it. Always good for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrysame,

    Glad everyone liked the first interview session.

    And I know about Nick and Nancy. While I was playing the Landgraabs, Nick crashed most of their parties. At first I hoped that they could move to a neutral relationship but after a while, I knew they'd never stop being enemies.

    Nancy twice had choices at work - one made her friendlier with her boss (Nick) and the other with the coworkers. I'd pick coworkers ever time. She did eventually get all her promotions - just takes longer if your boss loathes you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I installed ambitions I've had trouble with the business career. I don't know if it was the sim I was playing or the career. The only way he could raise his bar was to work hard. Everything else made it go down. Even having meetings on off days and high skills didn't help. It tried it in my old game and the new twinbrook game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know Dee. My last business man/woman was long before Ambitions.

    Then again, it's another thing that Twallan's story progression changes so it might be that keeping the career moving properly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After I wrote that I was thinking, I don't really know if it was after Ambitions or after the latest patch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stupid game. I was just about to go ahead and save/shut down for the night. And it crashed.

    Since the last save - I had 3 Sims go from day 2 to very early day 6 of a holiday. Picasso had found a pink diamond among other things. and they were home - I was thinking again about how to move them around.

    Nope, have to do the holiday again. I have to remember that holidays and the Art Flows blog are dangerous...last crashes were coming back from a holiday too. May have to rethink Johnny's ltw - Private Museum isn't good if travel is this unreliable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, PiB. :( You've done all the stuff they advise on this page: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1889.0

    Right? I think I recall you saying you have. That's just really bizarre your game crashes that much. Very sucky, too. :(

    Hmm. I also noticed that everyone seems to be 'working hard' at school lately. Kind of annoying, they always come home from school bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's only the one save Kaleeko. I suspect that something has corrupted on the lot and coming back from a vacation tends to trigger it. Because the last time I had a lot of crashing, they were coming back from holiday to Picasso having a birthday and Sam dying.

    Those instructions are PC - I'm using a Mac, very different beastie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That stinks. :-/ Hopefully you can fix the issue, eventually. As much as I love EA's games, they have a horrible track record for fixing glitches in their games.

    Didn't know you were on Mac! Good to know. As much as I miss mine, I'm glad I switched to PC -- they seem to get a lot more support for game issues. Macs get the short end of the stick, there. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two steps I think.

    1) MasterController reset everything at about 1 am.
    2) Move them all out - Johnny, Alaina and Catherine to one house. Brooke, Hans, Picasso and Elizabeth to another.

    I may have to delete Sam and Ripley - last time my game was this unstable was that Sam had problems and even ghost Sam had some. Deleted Sam then Indiana and his family continued quite well in the old home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like this very much. It's a good Idea and I voted.
    This was just so like Nancy... and I would love to hear the news about sims around the town. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like every part of this, mostly: the "I have younger son" part and also not to leave Nancy and Nick alone with sharps implements. It's just so truly like them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks MJ. I really can imagine Nick and Nancy with knives - who would be quickest to stab the other in the back. I'd want Nancy to win but that's because I've seen Nick randomly attack people for no reason at all, including my Sam Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the computer geek in me is stupidly excited - the next post is scheduled to happen within ten minutes. I've never scheduled a post before.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.