Sunday, September 20, 2009

Poor poor Malcolm - nasty glitch

Well, after I had established the new kids, I was trying to decide which house to visit next.  And when I looked at the Landgraabs, Malcolm had grey hair.  Grey?  But he'd only just had a birthday to adult a few days ago...

Yep, he had a glitch that caused him to basically miss adulthood and move straight to elder.  I can't find a cheat to set him back to the correct age group so I decided it was "Be Kind to Malcolm" time.  I put him in the next to top rank of politics - he wants to be leader of the Free World.  He's been skilling up and socializing like mad to get enough charisma.  And the second day at work, he very very very nearly made it.  But not quite.

I'm a bit afraid to leave the house because the last two Sims to reach elder, Jon Lessen and Rhoda Bagley, both immediately retired.  He is so close to that goal. 

The Landgraabs are paying a penalty for my attention.  AJ and Malcolm now have a son and another little one on the way.  Or maybe more than one, AJ has been listening to kids radio a bit...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate to hear about the glitch. Best to stick around until he reaches his goal. I have only had one or two to continue in their job after they aged. Don't take the chance. I wish I knew a way for you to un-age him. I know that isn't a real word but it gets the point across.
    One of my families, as you know, had twins. Maybe AJ will too. Maybe even triplets. I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor AJ suffered a bit as well. She went from level 6 in athletics to level 5 when the team lost the game (and she was late). Then I popped out and back to discover she got demoted again to level 4 and she hadn't been missing work. She had maternity leave for her pregnancy. I may give her a promotion or two after this next baby.

    First time I've had a chance to name a baby and choose traits. He's named after his dad but I did hit the random trait button. They were both decent traits though, I think one is love the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know why they sometimes go down a level from the last time I visited.
    I never even noticed there was a random trait button. Geez, I have to start paying more attention.
    Playing this freewill game, I have only been given the chance to pick a trait once, and that one surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to visit Grandpa Muleskinner to find that he'd just been fired. He got himself a job and forgot to go to work. He did have a negative moodlet from that.

    Oh, I also had Tanya get fired or quit her job. Probably fired, she did spend days on the treadmill instead of going to work.

    Once I get Malcolm up to the job of his dreams, I'll really be interested to see what everyone else has been up to for a week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.